Vote! 7am to 9pm, MSS
Vote | Tuesday, October 7 | Main Street School
If you are a resident of the Irvington Union Free School District and are registered to vote in the general election, you may vote in the Bond Referendum.
If you are not registered, please see directions below. Deadline for registering to vote: October 2.
If you need an absentee ballot, please download an application for the absentee ballot and see further directions below.
- Location of District Clerk Elaine Cardea's office: inside the Administration Office, 6 Dows Lane
- Elaine's mailing address: Irvington Union Free School District | 6 Dows Lane | Irvington, NY 10533
- Contact Elaine by telephone: 914.591.8501
- Email Elaine at: Elaine.Cardea@Irvingtonschools.Org.
Register to vote
To vote in the October 7 bond referendum, you must be registered either with the school district OR with the Westchester County Board of Elections.
Note: this is a district election, not a county election. You do not need to register with the county to vote in a district bond referendum. If you are new to town and have not yet registered or changed your address at the County level, you can still vote on October 7. Simply register with District Clerk Elaine Cardea by October 2.
Two ways to register:
- Go to Elaine's office, located inside the Administration Office at 6 Dows Lane from 9am to 3:45pm during regular school days.
- Attend Special Voter Registration Day: Thursday, October 2, 4pm to 8pm in the lobby of the Main Street School.
Deadline: Register with District Clerk Elaine Cardea by October 2 to vote in the October 7 referendum.
Eligibility to vote by absentee ballot
- If you will be out of the COUNTY on October 7, you are eligible to vote by absentee ballot.
- There is no requirement that you be out of the county overnight on October 7 or October 8 in order to vote by absentee ballot.
- If you work long hours in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, or in any county other than Westchester County, you may wish to absentee vote.
How to vote by absentee ballot
- Download an application for the absentee ballot (or pick one up from Elaine Cardea, District Clerk).
- Fill out the application and return it to District Clerk Elaine Cardea.
- If you would like your absentee ballot mailed to you, return your application to District Clerk Elaine Cardea no later than 3pm September 30.
- If you would like to pick up your absentee ballot in person, return your application to District Clerk Elaine Cardea no later than October 6, 3pm.
- Pick up absentee ballot in person or receive by mail.
- Fill out absentee ballot.
- Return to District Clerk in person or by mail no later than October 7, 5pm.
- Mailing address & offices: Elaine Cardea, Districk Clerk | Irvington Union Free School District | 6 Dows Lane | Irvington, NY 10533 | Contact Elaine by telephone: 914.591.8501 | Find Elaine in the administrative offices at 6 Dows Lane
- If you wish to pick up your absentee ballot in person: your application must reach Elaine Cardea, District Clerk, no later than October 6, 3pm.
- For further information, contact Elaine Cardea, District clerk, at 914.591.8501 or Elaine.Cardea@Irvingtonschools.Org.
- Bond Referendum Information | IUFSD
- New York State Board of Elections: Absentee Voting
- Application for Absentee Ballot
- Voter Information for October 7 Bond Referendum Vote
- September 30 at 3pm: deadline to submit an Absentee Ballot Application if ballot is to be mailed to the voter.
- October 2: deadline to register to vote.
- October 6, 3pm.: deadline to submit an Absentee Ballot Application if ballot is to be picked up by the voter.
- October 7, 5pm: Deadline for Absentee Ballots to be received by Elaine Cardea, District Clerk.
The district has created a terrific interactive explanation of voter registration & the absentee ballot process.
Find it here.